[Plugtest-org] Evidently another Plugfest in Berlin?

robert_weir at us.ibm.com robert_weir at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 26 18:52:38 CEST 2012

plugtest-organisers-bounces at nlnet.nl wrote on 06/26/2012 10:55:51 AM:

> Hi folks,
>
> I think we have said enough about the issue.
>
> There were a number of unfortunate miscommunications,
> and this ripped open some old wounds. It is clear
> now how it all came to be, we do not need to
> go to the painful exercise of replicating the
> ripping process again. I apologise for everyone
> to everyone.

Sorry, Michiel, but this is not at all satisfactory.

Charles posted on a public mailing list that IBM was "vehemently opposed"
to TDF hosting a Plugfest.  He then (as far as I can tell) fabricated a
quote and ascribed it to IBM on the LibreOffice marketing list.  This is
now spreading around in various circles, and the story is growing with
each telling.

For example, earlier today I had someone ask me why IBM was using OASIS to
prevent TDF from using the ODF Plugfest name.  So this is already
reflecting poorly on OASIS.

A serious accusation has been made it has serious repercussions.  If it is
false accusation -- and I believe it is -- then a retraction and an
apology should be given.  If the accusation is true, then I'd like to know
who at IBM has expressed opposition to TDF hosting a Plugfest, and where
this was stated.

We can go on once Charles retracts or substantiates his serious
accusation.

-Rob