[ODFPlugtest] preliminary test results

Jos van den Oever jos at vandenoever.info
Sun Sep 13 18:32:42 CEST 2015

On Sunday 13 September 2015 07:04:39 Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> [BCC to Jos]
>
> May I have your permission to post your message and test information to the
> Apache OpenOffice developer's list?  I am more interested in the tests than
> the results for other projects.  There is also a desire to foster
> interoperability in our mutual support for ODF and having the calibration
> your tests provide is informative.
>
> We can capture the essence of the tests and create bug reports as
> appropriate for AOO.  We can also provide any responses or refined tests
> that may arise.
>
> It would be great were this a continuing activity and not confined to this
> week's Plugfest.  You can count on cooperation of the Apache OpenOffice
> project.  I am confident other ODF-supporting projects are also eager to
> support any initiative you take in this useful area.

Hello Dennis,

It is an excellent idea to post this to AOO. Doing a continuous digital
plugfest is certainly a great idea. To pull that off,

The tests are being developed on gitlab. The main respository is at
  https://gitlab.com/odfplugfest/odfautotests
There is a branch which is created in preparation of the plugfest by Ben
Martin (monkeyiq) at
  https://gitlab.com/monkeyiq/odfautotests
This branch will be cleaned up and merged into the main branch after the
plugfest.

For a contuous plugfest we'd need more though. I'd like to see a webinterface
where each test can be commented on and links to relevant bug databases can be
added as well as links to the relevent parts of the specification. Web
application developers are welcome to contact me to see what we can pull off in
this regard. Suggestions for server applications that could be made to work
with a plugtest workflow would also be welcome.

Of course you have permission to pass on the message, but please note that the
urls are temporary and the results raw. Many applications did not get tested.
All input was only ODF 1.2 (some output was 1.1). And some results are present
due to server glitches. So some cleanup and expecially *interpretation* of the
results is needed.

What you can certainly do right now is the build the tester (ant jar) and run
it.
  https://gitlab.com/odfplugfest/odfautotests/blob/master/doc/01_introduction.md

Cheers,
Jos