[WebODF] Evaluating colabeditor

Jos van den Oever jos.van.den.oever at kogmbh.com
Wed Jan 22 10:55:25 CET 2014

Hello Rui,

On 01/21/14 21:00, Rui Rosado wrote:
> I'm working on a project in which I think that the collaborative WebODF
> editor would be a nice tool. After downloading WebODF source from
> GitHub, I was able to edit documents using src-localeditor.html
> In the project we really need different people to work collaboratively
> on documents. So I thought I was being smart ;-) by opening the
> src-colabeditor.html page
> However, to proceed I need to enter login data. I would need that for at
> least 2 users.
>
> Is this information (username/password) available for at least 2
> (preferably 3 or 4) users? And how can I get hold on that?

The WebODF sources do not come with a server for collaborative editing.
A server is available in ownCloud. If you like to run a server with
another software package, you can contact KO GmbH about that (or write
your own server :-). We certainly encourage people adding support for
more server. At the moment, the simplest solution is to install ownCloud
six.

Cheers,
Jos