[Plugtest-org] no plugfest in Lisbon, other suggestions ?

robert_weir at us.ibm.com robert_weir at us.ibm.com
Fri Feb 8 22:04:36 CET 2013

plugtest-organisers-bounces at opendocsociety.org wrote on 02/07/2013
04:15:30 AM:

> Hi,
>

> unfortunately there will be no plugfest in Lisbon, due to some
> logistic and programme  issues.
>
> So I've added some other possibile candidates on the wiki page,
> suggestions are of course welcome.
>
> http://plugfest.opendocsociety.org/doku.php?id=start&#next_plugfest
> (GUADEC / Brno or Bratislava or UK or ...)

Has any considered broadening the scope of the plugfests to include other
formats relevant to document editors?  That might increase the interest,
and size and range of possible sponsors.

For example, in my work with OpenOffice, ODF is obviously the core,
default format.   But interop via other formats, like SVG, HTML, OOXML,
Microsoft binaries, etc., are also important and worth testing.  EPub
might be another example for some.

-Rob