[Plugtest-org] Notes from plugfest organizing call

robert_weir at us.ibm.com robert_weir at us.ibm.com
Fri Feb 17 19:51:03 CET 2012

Some notes from this morning's Plugfest organizing call.

Attending: Rob Weir, Michiel Leenars, Louis Suarez-Potts, Jan Wildeboer,
Jim Thatcher, John Haugh, Don Harbison

Plugfest will be in Brussels on April 18th and 19th, hosted by Microsoft:

Microsoft Executive Briefing Center
Avenue des Nerviens 85
1040 Brussels
Belgium

Rough schedule:

=Wednesday =

- pre-plugfest dinner, informal, self organize via mailing list among
those who arrive early

= Thursday =

9am light breakfast at venue

10am We get started, with introductory remarks from OpenDoc Society and a
presentation from our hosts

10:45 - Start of technical sessions

12:30 Lunch

2:00pm Resume technical sessions

3:30pm --coffee break

6:00pm end of Thursday sessions

7pm? Meet for dinner

= Friday =

- 8am light breakfast at venue

- 9am Resume technical sessions

12:30 Lunch

2:00pm Vendor updates / demos

4:00pm OpenDoc society closing remarks

7pm??  post-plugfest dinner, informal, self organized among those who are
still here

Some follow up items:

1) We need to get the above rough schedule onto the wiki (Bart?)

2) Michiel will send out invitations

3) Push the call for papers, to fill the technical sessions

4) Invite local vendors (maybe updates from prior Brussels plugfest?)

5) Hosts will need an attendee count and names for catering and security,
at least 1 week before the event.  Also need to know any special dietary
needs.

6) Looking for recommendation for dinner location for Thursday evening

7) Schedule follow-up call for 1st week of March (Rob)

8) Technical requirements for venue, including VPN access, power strips,
accessibility, etc. (Jim to confirm)