[Plugtest-org] ODF Plugfest agenda / things to clarify

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Thu Feb 16 06:07:20 CET 2012

As a bystander, I think there is a missing differentiation between the venue sponsor and the OpenDocument Society as stakeholder and standard bearer for the event.  I am thinking of the past effort to engage civil authorities in making invitations, providing visa letters, and so on.

This is quite different than what one might expect from someone offering their facilities for the events.

In the past, facilities were mainly in public facilities (university meeting rooms, etc) but the principle of differentiation between the venue sponsor/host and the Plugfest stakeholders and organizers should not be lost.

I have the feeling that because a prominent commercial firm is providing its facilities and related resources, it is somehow automatically assumed that everything else gets handled by them too.

That might not be a very good assumption.

 - Dennis