[Plugtest-org] ODF Plugfest agenda / things to clarify

Louis Suárez-Potts luispo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 05:42:49 CET 2012

HI all,

On 2012-02-15, at 03:24 , Hanssens Bart wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Regardless who will be able to attend the first conference call, I think there are some important items that need to be discussed urgently.
> (AFAIK, this can be done over the mailing list)
>
> 1) Confirmation of the exact date and location (Microsoft building in Brussels ? address ?) of the event
> 2) Availability of the room(s): from x:xx AM till y:yy PM ?
> 3) Check of the required facilities: number of seats, beamer, power outlets, (wired or wireless) network allowing HTTP/HTTPS/SSH/IRC access
> 4) Invitations: who / to whom / when
> 5) Program (so far: AsciiDOC ODF extension, ODF font embedding, product updates, maybe "Mobile" + no doubt presentations from Microsoft)
> 6) Microsoft contact person in Brussels

 A few more points.

First, clearly (to me) MSFT presumed this event to be a run-of-the-mill tech/geek event. Okay…. but it is not a simple geekfest. Prior plugfests worked because they also invited conceders to see the goods and good of open standards.  So…. having scheduled formal or informal post-event events is useful. I mean things like: dinners, drinks, etc.

Should MSFT be at a loss to proceed (for whatever reason), I think our combined wisdom on the list can surely help out. :-)

Cheers,
Louis