[Plugtest-org] draft agenda updated

robert_weir at us.ibm.com robert_weir at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 29 23:32:44 CEST 2009

Hanssens Bart <Bart.Hanssens at fedict.be> wrote on 09/29/2009 05:16:17 PM:

> that's why, in my last mail, I'm not talking about legacy docs anymore,
> only taking into account the converted (= ODF) documents that are being
> used by the City of Amsterdam.
>

> I assume that, after they've somehow converted the legacy document into
> ODF using their favorite tool and possible ironing out some conversion
> wrinkles, they tested how that ODF document looked/behaved in different
> implementations, discovering ODF issues (yes, might be caused by unclean
> conversion, but nevertheless a ODF document opened in another software)
>
> Then they had to figure out, again in ODF, to work around some interop
> issues so the documents would work in multiple ODF implementations.
> Perhaps (and I stress *perhaps*) they can be simplified into scenarios

I suppose you could treat it as a "complex real world" document.  Not
really a scenario like we've been doing them, where we focus on a specific
bit of functionality.  The question is really whether it will bring up
issues we have not already seen?  or would it just bring up the same
issues, but in a form that would require more time to debug?  Certainly
there is the possibility of interesting interactions among features.  But
there is also the possibility that it is just pure complexity without new
interesting bugs.

We can certainly give it a try.

-Rob