[Officeshots] New feature: ODF Anonymiser

Sander Marechal s.marechal at jejik.com
Tue Jan 5 14:53:33 CET 2010

On 01/05/2010 12:31 PM, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Tuesday 5. January 2010 10.48.06 Sander Marechal wrote:
>> To use the Anonymiser, simply check the appropriate checkbox on the
>> front page.
>
> Having such a tool on a website is a bit odd, people have to send that private
> document to your site after which it is hopefully removed.

Not really. Remember how Officeshots works. The actual rendering is not
done by the Officeshots server but by the various factory clients that
volunteers provide. By using the ODF anonymiser you only need to trust
the central server, not the rendering clients.

> Is the ODF Greek stuff available for everyone? I think it would be very useful
> tool indeed. But only if it can be guaranteed that the private document never
> leaves the computer of the user.

Yes, just install iTools from http://www.hforge.org/itools and use the
included iodf-greek.py script. See also the explanation of the
anonymiser on this page:

http://www.officeshots.org/pages/anonymiser

--
Sander Marechal