[Officeshots] german translation

Sander Marechal s.marechal at jejik.com
Tue Nov 17 11:59:53 CET 2009

Erich Christian wrote:
> went over it once more and corrected a few typos and phrases.

Thanks.

> page http://officeshots.org/users/login shows a register link which is
> diplayed in an english/german mix:
> hier registrieren here <http://officeshots.org/users/register>
> for in german 'here' has to be before the verb, the other languages (I
> get) display correctly.

I fixed it.

> page http://officeshots.org/pages/contribute
> is this page going to be translated the same way, or another?

It will be translated at some point but I am not sure how. I don't think
that gettext/po-based translations are the best way to translate long
pages of content. It's an excellent system for short application UI
messages but not so much for big walls of text.

If you have any suggestions on how we can best translate these long
texts then I would love to hear them. There is going to be more long
content of Officeshots in the future (e.g. descriptions of office
applications).

> you probably realized, that the pageheader graph mixes with the
> navigation on top...  ;-)

Yes, that's a bug I still need to fix properly. I didn't catch that when
I created the new layout because I always run full-screen in 1280x1024.

I have created a tocket for it:
http://code.officeshots.org/trac/officeshots/ticket/27

--
Sander Marechal