[Officeshots] Symbian client

Sander Marechal s.marechal at jejik.com
Wed Mar 11 22:03:34 CET 2009

Maximilian Odendahl wrote:
> here is a first patch for a Symbian backend, any comments?

It looks good. I have a few questions about how it works because I'm not
that familiar with OfficeReader.

Does OfficeReader run constantly or does it start/stop for every
document? I am asking because I don't see you closing the document or
application (or is that what the KeyDown events do?) but when it crashes
you do indicate that it's a recoverable error by setting the second
parameter of OfficeReaderException to True. This means that the factory
will keep on accepting jobs from the server.

I am wondering because you send out SMS messages on failure. If there's
a large queue on the server for OfficeReader and something goes wrong it
could become costly if it started sending dozens of text messages :-)

Also, around line 50 you may want to explicitly only accept jobs with an
empty format or png format and return an exception for other formats.
It's possible that a user makes an error in the configuration that
causes jobs to be accepted for pdf or odf output formats.

Small nitpick: Lines 21-27 are indented using four spaces but the rest
of the document uses tabs.

Other than that it looks good!

--
Sander Marechal