[ODFPlugtest] Gouda plugfest: problem case with ODT frames encountered in OEP project

Jos van den Oever jos at vandenoever.info
Sun Nov 20 20:01:19 CET 2011

On Friday, November 18, 2011 10:37:06 AM Willem-Jan Veen wrote:
> The problem case with frames concern for instance the inclusion of an image
> with a title on top and additional remarks on the bottom. In the specific
> situation that the image doesn't fit on the remainder of the page, it
> automatically floats to the next page (what is good), but the positioning
> of the frames with title, image and remarks become scrambled.
>
> I've attached a small ODT file which demonstrates this behaviour. It first
> shows a image with title and remarks which are rendered correctly position
> to each other. A page further, in identical example is presented but this
> time the image didn't fit on the remainder of the page and floated to the
> opened in openoffice or neo-office.
>
> Please note, that the ODT isn't correctly zipped. The original ODT was much
> larger, so I unzipped de ODT, manually removed as much content as possible
> while keeping the problem case intact. I then zipped the ODT quickly by
> hand without placing the file mime type as-is on the starting offset. In
> our experience, this doesn't pose a problem for rendering such a document
> in a word processor. The real system does do the final zip process
> according to specification.

Thanks for the file. I've quoted an outline (removed irrelavant attributes) of
a part of the problematic point you mention.

      <text:p>
        <draw:frame text:anchor-type="paragraph" svg:width="104mm"
svg:y="0mm">
          <draw:text-box>
            <text:p>Figuur 1.3 Ontwikkeling EMU-saldo in een aantal EU-landen
tussen 2008 en 2011</text:p>
          </draw:text-box>
        </draw:frame>
      </text:p>
      <text:p>
        <draw:frame svg:height="83mm" svg:width="104mm" text:anchor-
type="paragraph" style:rel-height="scale" style:rel-width="scale">
          <draw:image xlink:href="Pictures/75069-005.png" xlink:show="embed"/>
        </draw:frame>
        <draw:frame draw:name="Bron6" draw:style-name="frame.bron"
text:anchor-type="paragraph" svg:width="104mm" svg:y="83mm">
          <draw:text-box>
            <text:p text:style-
name="ifm_p_font.italic_size.7.46pt_mt.2mm_ifm">Bron: European
 Bron: European Economic Forecast – spring 2010 (Europese Commissie). Voor
Nederland zijn de meest recente nationale ramingen gebruikt.</text:p>
          </draw:text-box>
        </draw:frame>
      </text:p>

I assume you want the two separated paragraphs to stay together. That can be
achieved by using a style that has fo:keep-with-next. Would that solve it or
am i misunderstanding the problem?

Small thing: the text 'Bron: ..' is positioned over the figure. Is that
correct?

In addition: here are two small scripts that pack and unpack according to the
spec. This can help in the future for files that will go into a validator.
I've run your file throught the scripts, removed undeeded png files and attached
it.

Cheers,
Jos