[ODFPlugtest] Gouda plugfest: problem case with ODT frames encountered in OEP project

Willem-Jan Veen willem at lunatech.com
Fri Nov 18 10:37:06 CET 2011

Hi,

The problem case with frames concern for instance the inclusion of an image with a title on top and additional remarks on the bottom. In the specific situation that the image doesn't fit on the remainder of the page, it automatically floats to the next page (what is good), but the positioning of the frames with title, image and remarks become scrambled.

I've attached a small ODT file which demonstrates this behaviour. It first shows a image with title and remarks which are rendered correctly position to each other. A page further, in identical example is presented but this time the image didn't fit on the remainder of the page and floated to the next page. You can immediately see the resulting visual effects when opened in openoffice or neo-office.

Please note, that the ODT isn't correctly zipped. The original ODT was much larger, so I unzipped de ODT, manually removed as much content as possible while keeping the problem case intact. I then zipped the ODT quickly by hand without placing the file mime type as-is on the starting offset. In our experience, this doesn't pose a problem for rendering such a document in a word processor. The real system does do the final zip process according to specification.

Regards,
Willem-Jan Veen