[ODFPlugtest] MSO [warns about] LO files

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Wed Jun 29 18:17:44 CEST 2011

Andreas,

There has never been a <manifest:manifest> manifest:version in ODF until the last-minute introduction of that attribute in that element for ODF 1.2.

So it is not a matter of the ODF 1.1 consumer objecting to the version value but seeing an unknown attribute on the root element of an important file.

By the way.  It does read the document.  But you have to click through the scary message by selecting the "attempt to correct" option.  The file is read just fine.

I agree the error message is a problem.  LibreOffice has the identical message triggered by other things I have tripped over, and it "repairs" those differently-objectionable files just fine too.

My point is that the landmine that triggers that message is not essential.  I propose to disarm it for peaceful purposes and the peace-of-mind of users everywhere.

 - Dennis