[ODFPlugtest] MSO does not read LO files

Jan Wildeboer jwildebo at redhat.com
Tue Jun 28 10:42:04 CEST 2011

On 06/28/2011 09:29 AM, Andreas Guelzow wrote:

> Not including the attribute means that file as a whole will not be valid
> ODF. The attribute is not optional but required by the 1.2 schema.
> Simply said,  MS Office 2010 does cannot handle ODF1.2. I think
> suggesting that producers violate ODF1.2 is absolutely the wrong thing
> to do. If members of the ODF TC feel that this is a problem, it is not
> too late to change the ODF1.2 standard.

NACK. Changing the standard because MSFT is not (yet) supporting it is
fundamentally wrong.

Asking MSFT loud and in public when they will deliver support for ODF
1.2 is the only way.

I can already predict the answer:

"Microsoft welcomes ODF 1.2 and is proud to have been involved in the
development of this new version. We will add support for ODF 1.2 to our
newest versions of Office that only run on the newest version of Windows
as soon as ISO has published the standard."

Jan

--
Jan H Wildeboer                |
EMEA Open Source Affairs       | Office: +49 (0)89 205071-207

Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH,
Technopark II, Haus C, Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 11 -15
85630 Grasbrunn, Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 153243
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Brendan Lane, Charlie Peters, Michael Cunningham,
Charles Cachera