[ODFPlugtest] Gouda plugfest: problem case with ODT frames encountered in OEP project

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann ORWITT at de.ibm.com
Thu Dec 22 14:40:00 CET 2011

Hi Willen-Jan,

attached you find two version which are stable in their layout regarding
the area of the picture with the two descriptions - one above and one
below.
(See attached file: KIO-experiment-stable-01.odt)(See attached file:
KIO-experiment-stable-02.odt)

These are the changes which I applied:
- the change which you have made, mentioned below, to the text frames in
the left page border around the interesting area.
Anchoring at-character and horizontal position the text frame in relative
to the anchor character gives better control regarding horizontal
positioning, because the paragraph top may be 'extended' by other object
which overlay with the paragraph.
- the picture and its two description are now anchored as-character each in
its own paragraph. The paragraph are tied together by setting 'keep with
next paragraph at the first and the second paragraph.
Anchoring an object (text frame, picture, drawing object, embedded object)
as-character treats the object as a character. Such an object is like a big
letter - simply spoken. Such an anchoring avoids problems regarding text
flow and overlapping. the object flow as characters and overlapping with
each can not happen as character can not overlap each other.

The second version "...stable-02.odt" is the same as the first one except
one change. The paragraphs left indent has been from 0cm to -6cm.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann

--
Advisory Software Engineer

IBM Deutschland
Beim Strohhause 17
20097 Hamburg
Phone: +49-40-6389-1415
E-Mail: orwitt at de.ibm.com

IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzende des
Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294