[ODFPlugtest] plugfest test file results

Andreas Guelzow aguelzow at pyrshep.ca
Wed Nov 3 17:48:44 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 17:21 +0100, Hanssens Bart wrote:
> We've discussed it in the OIC TC conference call, and Cherie Ekholm
> explained that the reason for this license is that many documents trace
> back to documents that Microsoft has received from customers.
> She will take a look at it to see if / what can be done to relax the terms.
>
> Other vendors appear to have the same issue, by the way, (having
> truckloads of test documents from customers that can be used for internal
> test purposes, but not shared to the world, since the vendors do not own
> the copyright)

Bart,

of course that means that as far as the world is concerned these test
documents don't exist, and they really should not be considered test
documents for interoperability purposes since they can't be legally be
used by an implementor to test possible changes required or made to
their code.

Andreas