[ODFPlugtest] program, october 14 and 15

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Thu Jul 8 19:19:27 CEST 2010

Bart,

On 7/8/2010 11:18 AM, Hanssens Bart wrote:
> Probably start with a mapping, headers should map rather nicely.
>
> Styles on the other hand... even if one can map everything to CSS,
> CSS itself isn't supported equally by all browsers.

Err, meant style more abstractly. So that a mapping could stipulate a
graceful fallback if a particular style is not supported.

One of the design features of ODF is that if all you have is <text:p>
and <text:h>, you have the content of the document.

That isn't literally true but close enough.

Styles impact how you display that content, numbering, etc. Very
important to have a useful document but ODF strives to preserve the
content/style distinction that is inherent, at least in early markup
experience.

> Change tracking ? (now HTML does have INS and DEL elements...)

That is probably harder because our current change tracking could be
more robust.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick