[ODFPlugtest] presentations: deadlines and other info

Hanssens Bart Bart.Hanssens at fedict.be
Mon Aug 16 13:13:34 CEST 2010

Hi,

first of all, a big "thank you" for those who will be doing a presentation, but of course there are
some guidelines :-)

* PRESENTATIONS ON THURSDAY OCTOBER 14th

Thursday is a somewhat private event, you're free to bring slides or do a demo.
These sessions will of course NOT be recorded, and there is a gentlemen's agreement to
be  constructive.

So one can tweet: "fixing issue in MyProduct" or "discussing feature X with TheirTeam".

But NOT: "MyProduct is better than TheirProduct", "TheirTeam won't implement Y !"

I'll repeat the rules before the event starts

* PRESENTATIONS ON FRIDAY OCTOBER 15th

Note that this will be a public event, sessions may be recorded (unless you really don't want
us to), people are free to blog / tweet / ... about it and ask questions.

- Template
There is no general template, so you can use the template of your company / organization.
Internet access should be available but it's always good to be prepared "just in case".

- Deadline and format
Please send me your presentation before Wednesday, October 13th (in .ODP of course),
and make sure it looks good in at least MS-Office 2007sp2 and OOo 3.x.

- Distribution after the event
After the event, we plan to put the presentations online on both the odfplugfest website and
on SlideShare or a similar service, please let me know if you have any objections.

- Brochure
We also plan to write a brochure / executive summary, listing the products of the participants,
with a link to the company's website and/or relevant presentations, and send it to attendees
and other people who might be interested in ODF.

Please let me know if you do no want your company / organization to be listed in this brochure.

In case your company / organization _does_ want to be listed, please send me a short and
to-the-point text (in English) describing your company and the ODF-capable products /
services + some relevant links, before Monday, October 11th.
Max: 1/3 of an A4-page (with 2cm margins, 12pt Times New Roman),

Thanks,

Bart