[ODFPlugtest] Orvieto, updates from vendors and open source projects

Hanssens Bart Bart.Hanssens at fedict.be
Fri Sep 25 20:52:51 CEST 2009

Hi,

the program is shaping up, and some of you might have noticed that there's a
talk on day 1 about the progress being made by the various implementors

http://plugtest.opendocsociety.org/doku.php?id=plugfests:200911_orvieto:info

I'd like to have a few lead developers, architects, ... from different projects to
step forward and talk 5 - 7 minutes about

- what ODF interop issues they have solved recently (since The Hague)
- if they are planning on other ODF enhancements / bug fixing for their product
- if they have or are planning new products supporting ODF

Especially from:

- Google and Microsoft, two giants of the online world
- KOffice, they have been very busy with a new release and mobile phone support
- AbiWord and Gnumeric, since they offer a perspective from focused products
- Dialogika, Novell, bridging ODF and OOXML with the translator plugin
- IBM, Sun/Oracle and OpenOffice.org (perhaps squeeze this into 1 talk, since
they will also be in the spotlights during that OOoCon event you might have heard
from :-)

Others are welcome as well of course, but this list seems like a good start.

So if you're interested in doing a short talk on ODF interoperability in your product,
send me a short email and I'll add your name to the program (but please, stay on
topic, this is not a sales talk ;-)

Best regards,

Bart