[ODFPlugtest] ODF interop at DII event in Brussels tomorrow

Andreas J. Guelzow aguelzow at pyrshep.ca
Thu Nov 12 17:34:47 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 00:53 +0000, Doug Mahugh wrote:
> I am very interested in others' thoughts on this matter.  What do
> other implementers think?  Sun?  IBM?  Gnumeric?  AbiWord?  Are you
> planning to implement support for SVG gradients as KOffice has done?

I am one of the Gnumeric developers (probably the one that writes most
of the code in support of ODF). We are currently neither reading nor
writing any gradients. (For a spreadsheet, is there anything less
important in the specs?)

We are operating under the principle that we will try to be able to read
anything another implementation exports (including trying to make sense
of attributes such as "style:diagonal-bl-tr-width" that OOo exports
although the spelling int he ODF specs is slightly different).

When we export we will choose the method that most closely fits our
needs.

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow <aguelzow at pyrshep.ca>