[ODFPlugtest] ODF interop at DII event in Brussels tomorrow

Michiel Leenaars michiel.ml at nlnet.nl
Wed Nov 11 10:53:03 CET 2009

Hello all,

(slightly off topic question, but relevant to many members of this list)

Doug Mahugh from Microsoft mentioned in Orvieto that there is an event
organised by his company which will take place in Brussels tomorrow where he
is talking about ODF-based interoperability. That will probably be very
interesting, especially in the light of the outcome of the plugfest - where as
you will remember one of the outcomes was that probably quite some features of
Microsoft Office 2007 are unnecessarily broken when saving in ODF due to the
missed fact that vector graphics in ODF consuming applications can use the
full W3C SVG specification non-embedded rather than just the built-in subset
meant for supporting low level graphics. I'm hopeful Doug will be able to give
an update on that, given the timelines for their Office 2010 release.

But now to my actual question: I'm trying to find out where the event tomorrow
will be, and when. The DII website from Microsoft itself unfortunately doesn't
yet mention the workshop, and the mail address Doug provides on his blog
bounces. Doug himself is wandering about Brussels taking pictures. So if
anyone is attending, can you help me out?

Best,
Michiel Leenaars
Director of Strategy
NLnet foundation

The original message was received at Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:05:27 +0100:

<diievents at microsoft.com>
    (reason: 550 5.4.1 diievents at microsoft.com: Recipient address rejected:
Access Denied)

... while talking to mail.messaging.microsoft.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 5.4.1 diievents at microsoft.com: Recipient address rejected: Access
Denied
550 5.1.1 <diievents at microsoft.com>... User unknown