[ODFPlugtest] new scenario available

robert_weir at us.ibm.com robert_weir at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 23 19:12:31 CEST 2009

How should we divide the tasks between the OIC TC and the Plugfest Wiki?

If we create the scenarios in the plugfest wiki, then we cannot use them
in the OIC TC, unless the original author contributes them to the OIC TC.
That is one constraint -- OASIS IP rules.  The other constraint is that
the OIC TC cannot report conformance results.  But the OpenDoc Society can
do this.

So I think this suggests that one approach might be this:

1) OIC TC defines a scenario template, including required metadata.
2) OIC TC accepts scenario contributions from the public and then
reformats them according to the uniform template
3) OIC TC publishes the scenarios, either individual or as a bundle, e.g.,
"Administrative document scenarios", "Technical documentation scenarios"
4) OpenDoc Society (and the broader plugfest community) organizes the
testing and reporting.  Testing can be virtual and at live plugfests.

Would this work?  I think there is an advantage to being able to publish
the app scenarios in a uniform format with an OASIS cover sheet.  But to
do this we need to make sure that the work is either originating in the
OIC TC, or is being contributed by the author to the OIC TC.

What do you think?

-Rob