[ODFPlugtest] writing implementation specific defaults

Roman Korchagin roman.korchagin at aspose.com
Thu Jun 18 12:04:15 CEST 2009

Pardon me for jumping into discussion, I was only "virtually" present at the
event.

Although these are "flow documents" and this implies they "might" appear
laid out into pages differently (especially when done by different
applications),
you will be surprised how many customers actually come back and report this
as critical issues (that we have to think about fixing somehow). Not having
default values or having them application specific is an open invitation for
this sort of scenarios.

Maybe the standard should specify culture specific defaults then.
P.S. I recall that binary DOC has page size and margins etc default values
different for different cultures. Don't remember seeing this in OOXML
though.

Regards,
Roman Korchagin