[WebODF] WebODF 0.5.6 released, adding two more toolbar options to Wodo.TextEditor

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau friedrich at kogmbh.com
Mon Mar 16 16:59:45 CET 2015

Dear WebODF-interested and enthusiasts,

we WebODF developers are happy to declare that:

        WebODF version 0.5.6 is tagged and out!

The last month of WebODF development saw mainly internal code cleanups. Just,
no reason to withhold you the one new feature in Wodo.TextEditor and the one
bug fix in WebODF.

So go to the Download page (http://webodf.org/download/) and update your
deployment of webodf.js or the Wodo.TextEditor.

Or try their "bower" packages, listed with "webodf.js" and "wodo.texteditor"
at the central bower registry. We are interested to get feedback on them,
please tell if they work for you or what could be improved.

If you use another package/dependency manager, please tell us how we can
support it. There are currently special repos set up for such managers which
contain the products build from the WebODF sources, so any needed metadata
file could be placed there:
        https://github.com/kogmbh/webodf.js_release
        https://github.com/kogmbh/Wodo.TextEditor_release

Changes between 0.5.5 and 0.5.6

WebODF

Fixes

* No longer fail due to possible Byte Order Marks in ODF-internal XML files
  with Chromium (e.g. ODS files exported from Google Docs)
  (https://github.com/kogmbh/WebODF/pull/872)

Wodo.TextEditor
(See also section about WebODF)

Improvements

* Add options for "Save as" and "Download" buttons
  (https://github.com/kogmbh/WebODF/pull/857)

Cheers
Friedrich

--