[WebODF] WebODF 0.5.7 released, bringing review-only modus to Wodo.TextEditor
Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
friedrich at kogmbh.com
Fri Apr 17 19:06:45 CEST 2015
Dear WebODF-interested and enthusiasts,
we WebODF developers are happy to declare that:
WebODF version 0.5.7 is tagged and out!
The weeks since the last release were spent on improving support for
annotations with ODT files. As a result this release now adds official
support in Wodo.TextEditor for an alternative review-only modus (see the
feature demo here: http://webodf.org/about/features/annotation-demo.html),
where users can only add, edit and remove own annotations, but not modify
the actual document content.
Also have a few annotation related bugs been fixed.
So go to the Download page (http://webodf.org/download/) and update your
deployment of webodf.js or the Wodo.TextEditor.
Or try their "bower" packages, listed with "webodf.js" and "wodo.texteditor"
at the central bower registry. We are interested to get feedback on them,
please tell if they work for you or what could be improved.
If you use another package/dependency manager, please tell us how we can
support it. There are currently special repos set up for such managers which
contain the products build from the WebODF sources, so any needed metadata
file could be placed there:
Changes between 0.5.6 and 0.5.7
* In OpAddAnnotation support annotated ranges with 0 length
* Fix breaking all empty annotations on merging the paragraph they are
contained in with the one before
* Fix error message popup on deleting an annotation starting at the end of a
paragraph or styled range
* Fix wrong style information for text in annotations
* OpAddAnnotation spec changed: length=0 no longer means unranged annotation,
but a range of 0 length. For unranged annotations now use length=undefined.
(See also section about WebODF)
* Add a "review" modus where users can add, edit and remove own annotations,
but not modify the actual document content
Friedrich W. H. Kossebau // KO GmbH
More information about the WebODF