[WebODF] Move to GitHub

Philip Peitsch P.Peitsch at qsrinternational.com
Tue Sep 24 02:24:06 CEST 2013

On 24/09/2013, at 8:25 AM, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:

>>> I would say, let us:
>>> * start to file new issues at GitHub now already
>>> * keep current MR queue at gitorious and work on it there
>>> * only migrate issues over to GitHub if some MRs just won't close
>>
>> Should new patches be raised in gitorious or GitHub?
>>
>> I have one that is ready for review (textposition-tests branch), and another
>> that could use some early technical feedback from Friedrich
>> (cursor-styling)… but am not sure whether to put these up on gitorious or
>> GitHub :)
>
> Tobias, what is meant with "* only migrate issues over to GitHub if some MRs
> just won't close"?
>
> IMHO we should decide on a certain day and just move other everything
> completely to github, so also any open MR. The MR queue will never be empty
> (for good and bad :) ), so let's just move what there is. So we have only one
> place to look at and care for.
>
> What about today, 24.09.? Anyone objecting or wishing another date?
>
> Philip, I propose to just push your new ones to gitorous for now, moving them
> over to github if needed the next days should not be that much work. Let's see
> how much can be even dealt with already the upcoming workday.

Sounds good. I've closed out our remaining MR's on Gitorious, and migrated
them to GitHub. I thought about waiting longer, but there is really no advantage
when everything in the MR queue is likely to still require further feedback and
rework.

As you pointed out, migrating branches between the systems is trivial… so I
could think of no reason to not do this immediately :-)

As of today (24.09!) we're moving our development efforts onto github. If this
is too soon, let me know as we can still easily switch back.

Cheers,

Philip