[WebODF] Editor Menu Bar Idea

Ryan Callaghan callaghan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 01:09:50 CEST 2013

My team is evaluating WebODF / the editor for use as part of an internal
tool.  In doing this one of the things that has come up that seems like it
would be beneficial is to provide a hook to replace the menu bar with a
custom one.

For us we would nee the save button to save to a server, possibly generate
a PDF, and we would likely want to remove several of the default buttons.

The idea would be when constructing the editor a optional javascipt file
name could be passed down as an argument - this would define the menu bar
rather than using the default (there are likely other ways to do this as
well).  This would allow individuals to leverage the components already
within the WebODF editor menu bar, be able to tweak it generically, and not
have to rebuild webodf for minor adjustments.

A setup like this seems like it would make the API usable with a broader
audience without having to add in a significant amount of configuration
options.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ryan