[WebODF] Walkable position inside empty span in empty paragraph, or before?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau friedrich at kogmbh.com
Wed Jun 26 15:56:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

for the following sample I wonder where walkable position should be:
<text:p><text:span></text:span></text:p>

There is the operation test "Remove_backspaceOnlyCharacter" which has as
<before> this structure:

	<text:p><text:span>A</text:span></text:p>

After inserting a cursor behind A and backspacing the A it expects this:

	<text:p><c:cursor/><text:span></text:span></text:p>

Now README_cursorpositions lists as allowed cursor position this sample:

Who is right?

Playing with LO I found that there the cursor is placed inside the span
(tested by creating an empty document, inserting an "A", marking it and
directly formatting it to bold, removing the A again and saving as .fodt and
inspecting with a text editor, while also seeing that with the empty document
the Bold is toggled and any inserted chars are ending up in the span, being
formatted with Bold).

I tend to think that LO and README_cursorpositions.txt are the better
solution. Otherwise the direct text-property formatting for would need to be
disabled on an empty document, because there is no span which can get text
formatting attributes for the current cursor position.

What do you think?

Cheers
Friedrich
--