[Plugtest-org] next plugfest in Lisbon, end of March ?

Svante Schubert svante.schubert at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 23:18:02 CET 2013

First of all, I would be curious how many ODF application do support
nested spans and not for instance only evaluate the most nested one. In
addition I do believe by allowing nested spans, only complexity is being
added for implementors, while not adding any further user functionality,
more quite the opposite in view to the interoperability to other office
formats.

In general to me it is a bad pattern to allow to express similar
functionality in different ways, as it not only makes comparison
difficult, but raises the expectation to implement all possible ways to
have full interoperability, which only costs, without adding any
additional feature to the implementation nor offering the user.
Simplicity rules.

My opinion is not carved in stone, but it is definitely a point I would
like to discuss with implementors.

Regards,
Svante