[Plugtest-org] Looking for volunteers / Programme Committee

Hanssens Bart Bart.Hanssens at fedict.be
Wed Sep 14 19:41:41 CEST 2011

Hi,

In order to facilitate the development of actual programme of future plugfests, it is proposed to formalise the set up a Programme Committee.
This Program Committee will take the decisions regarding the contents of the programme, to provide better continuity and take this (significant) burden from the local organisers.

We are looking for a balanced group of volunteers from national groups and suppliers, who can contribute to the practical work  of this committee.
In addition, local organisers of a specific plugfest will have a liaison member of this committee during the run up to 'their' plugfest.

We don't plan to have many formal obligations, but people volunteering are expected to act on behalf of the interests of the ODF community
and commit the required time for this task (and inform the other members if circumstances prevent you from doing so).

We look forward to your nominations, please send these before Tuesday September 20th 2011, 12:00 UTC.

We will send around the list of candidates to this list that day.
If there are no candidacies challenged within 72 hours, the Programme Committee will be appointed for one year.
Upon instalment the committee will select a chair and a secretary.

Best regards

Bart Hanssens (Fedict), Basil Cousins (OFE), Michiel Leenaars (NLNet)