[Plugtest-org] ODF Plugfest Schedule: Let's work on defining the technical sessions

robert_weir at us.ibm.com robert_weir at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 19 00:25:23 CET 2011

The response to my last note was underwhelming.:  Oliver and Frank added a
session.  I added a couple.  But I don't see any others.

So let's try again.

The technical sessions at the Plugfest are driven by you, the
participants.  If you don't sign up to present something, then this is
just an opportunity for free Wifi and coffee.  But I think we'd all rather
continue the pattern of past events and have an engaging set of
discussions and activities related to ODF and interoperability.

So please go ahead and sign up for a slot.  This is an easy, friendly,
supporting audience, so don't be shy.  If your topic only requires 15 or
20 minutes rather than a full half hour, then please go ahead and sign up
and note the lesser time requirement.  We can shuffle things around on the
schedule once we know what sessions we have.

If you don't have a login for the wiki, let me know.

If you're looking for ideas, here are some things that I think would make
good sessions:

1) Any interop scenario based on new ODF 1.2 features: OpenFormula,
presentation tables, digital signatures, RDF metadata, database front end,
etc.

2) Discussions of proposed ODF-Next features, especially ones that would
improve interoperability.

3) Interop of ODF with things other than traditional desktop office
suites.

4) An update on OfficeShots

5) An update on the acitivites of the OASIS OIC TC

6) Discussion of forwards/backwards compatibility strategies

7) Interop of MathML in ODF

8) Update on validators

9) Mobile ODF

10) Of course, any scenarios that we can test with the assembled
implementors

Thanks!

-Rob