[Plugtest-org] orvieto talks

Hanssens Bart Bart.Hanssens at fedict.be
Wed Oct 7 17:15:27 CEST 2009

> I see that Roberto's talk is given only 15 minutes.  Is this enough for
> his topic?  Could we start the conference 30 minutes earlier and give
> Roberto 30 minutes for his presentation?

Mm, I wouldn't start earlier, since a few people mentioned they are
travelling to Orvieto in the morning, but I can shift it a little bit...

> If we are eating out in the town for lunch (as opposed to a catered
> lunch) will 60 minutes be enough?  Or do we need more time?

Perhaps we can just order sandwiches (or pizza ;-) and have it delivered
to the conference ? Probably we get delivery for free if we order for
20+ people (assuming the non-testers will prefer visiting the town and
come back at the closing event).

If we're not allowed to eat in the rooms themselves, we should have
a few tables or something outside or something.

Personally, I'd rather have a quick snack and enjoy a good meal after
a hard day's work...

>> In addition, I'd like to have someone to do the round-up on day 2
>> who is not "tied" to Sun/OOo/Microsoft/IBM since those vendors are
>> already actively participating :-)
>>

> Maybe you?

Well, I'm willing to do it, but perhaps it's nicer to ask someone from
Google, KOffice or the ODF-OOXML converter team.

(and perhaps Oracle can present a scenario)

> Can we combine "lessons learned" with the wrap up?  Is it the same
> thing? or are you thinking of "lessons learned" in the broader sense,
> not just from this event?

Mm, actually it's more about gathering feedback from the participants
(are the scenarios too short / long etc) + have people suggest their
own scenario. I'll rephrase it on the wiki

> 1) I could do a 30 minute session on "The end users role in
> interoperability"

OK, has been added.

Best regards,

Bart