[Plugtest-org] servers for work

Louis Suarez-Potts Louis.Suarez-Potts at Sun.COM
Sun Nov 15 17:07:40 CET 2009

Hi,
During one of our last meetings (EAG, I think) we discussed securing servers for distributed work, the idea being to have an impartial entity, like a university, host our bugtracker and so on. I asked the Fluid Project's (University of Toronto) lead and she said they would be interested in working with us. They use now Sakai for much of their CMS, but that need not commit us to using it, too.

I leave for Vietnam Tuesday very early but I'd like to see what our specific requirements are. Fluid Project is strongly behind open standards and inclusive design, so I tend to believe that ODF work hosted there would protected against  political vicissitudes, such as budget shifts, etc.

-louis