[Officeshots] help prepare automated testing at the plugfest: set up an officeshots factory or try odfautotests

Jos van den Oever jos at vandenoever.info
Mon Nov 24 08:52:57 CET 2014

Hello all,

The 10th ODF plugfest will be held in two weeks time. So let's brush off the
testing tools.

This weekend I've been working on OdfAutoTests [1]. I want it to work nicely
with OfficeShots [2].

What is OdfAutoTests?
OdfAutoTests is a method to test small individual parts of the ODF
specification. It can help answer questions like:
 "Does implementation X support list headers in text documents?"

You write this question in a fairly simple XML file. Running that file through
OdfAutoTests will create an ODF file, run that file through the configured
applications and write the results in a report file.

It is not possile to have all ODF implementations in one machine, so we cannot
get complete results by running the tests locally. Luckily OfficeShots comes
to the rescue. OfficeShots can pass the tests on to various machines to have
the files tested there.

However, at the moment, there are not many factories online at
officeshots.org. So my plea is: please help out by setting up factories to
help make the plugfest a success. Dont worry about duplicate work: the more
the merrier.

If you want the try out OdfAutoTest yourself or perhaps contribute to writing
tests, that would be very much appreciated too.

Best regards,
Jos

[1] https://gitorious.org/odfautotests/odfautotests/
[2] http://officeshots.org/