[Officeshots] interoperability testing

Michiel Leenaars michiel.ml at nlnet.nl
Thu Mar 7 22:50:46 CET 2013

Hi Milos,

> Perhaps there is a chance in Bratislava to set up a Windows machine with
> running MSO 2007/10/13 for our testing purposes. If you find that
> interesting, I  can ask Microsoft representatives here in Bratislava, if
> they would be willing to donate the necessary licenses.

I have some licences for testing machines for MSO 2007 for you. John
Haug or Jim Thatcher might be able to provide copies for c2010 and 2013
- as he and Doug have done in prior instances - I will send their
contact details to you off list.

There is no reason other document conversions shouldn't work with minor
modifications, I think we designed it generically. Of course there are
no validators for the binary formats for instance, but it would be
useful without already as Jos remarked.

OfficeConvert is able to already handle all conversions that MS Office
performs, and the Officeshots python factory is trivial to change. I
think the biggest part is for someone to go through the Officeshots
server code, and dig into the definition of file types. And of course we
need to fit it into the UI.

Anyone on this list fluent enough in PHP to go there?

Best,
Michiel