[Officeshots] interoperability testing

Milos Sramek sramek.milos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 18:10:54 CET 2013

Hi all,

I've not written to this list for some time...

Perhaps there is a chance in Bratislava to set up a Windows machine with
running MSO 2007/10/13 for our testing purposes. If you find that
interesting, I  can ask Microsoft representatives here in Bratislava, if
they would be willing to donate the necessary licenses.

Regarding the officeshots API: would it be possible to use it also to do
other types of conversions, not only odf->odf->pdf? Currently, within a
larger project, I work on a user study, which would enable for
quantitative  evaluation of a "level of interoperability" between office
applications on the basis of various document standards. The study is
based on automated conversion of documents (similar to the officeshots
framework, only running locally). Conversion by AOO, LO an Google Docs
is already implemented this way (not a big deal, GD using their API). I
would, however like to convert the documents also by MSO. I hope that
using the officeshots API and the above mentioned machine it would be
possible.

Cheers,
Milos

-- email & jabber: sramek.milos at gmail.comre