[Officeshots] Officeshots server back in action

robert_weir at us.ibm.com robert_weir at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 15 20:38:15 CET 2011

officeshots-bounces at opendocsociety.org wrote on 11/15/2011 12:40:47 PM:

> Dear all,
>
> the Officeshots.org server is back in action. It turns out that our
> system was waiting for the ODF toolkit ODF validator hosted by Oracle,
> which appears to be having significant downtime as of this week - and
> cannot be reached at this point in time. Given that Oracle is no longer
> commercially involved with ODF, this was to be expected.

That ODF Validator was based on code from the ODF Toolkit Union.  We're in
the process of migrating that project over to Apache.  Svante was able to
arrange for the servlet version of the validator to come to Apache as
well.

Main page for the Apache ODF Toolkit is here:

http://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/index.html

And for the Validator here:

http://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/conformance/ODFValidator.html

It is not certain yet whether we will be able to host an online validator
at Apache. So it is good that you have other instances running.

-Rob