[Officeshots] Pixelwise comparison of pdf files

Michiel Leenaars michiel.ml at nlnet.nl
Thu Jun 16 11:13:12 CEST 2011

Hi Milos,

excellent work, I think this is very useful. If there are any folks on
this list with good PHP skills that would be able to integrate Milos'
script into the Officeshots service - I think that would be awesome.

> Currently I use this tool to prepare a study, which I would like to sent
> to Slovak government as an argument that ODF is the right standard to
> use. I have, however some problems with the officeshots service:
>
> - the server with MSO software is nearly always down. Is there any idea
> when it will be up? I would like to send a couple of files for testing.
> I think that I can even install and run such factory, but I do not own
> licenses for Windows and MSO.

having some redundant workers for the main clients is really important,
and you are right that stability is essential for having a working
service.  We would love to have more people running a factory, and of
course the best is when projects and companies maintain their own.

We have asked Microsoft if they were willing to support a factory
directly, but so far this has not been successful (of course we have
hope that they will change their mind in the future). Some people from
OpenDoc Society (Arthur Buijs, Aad van der Klaauw) are working on adding
some redundant Windows machines so that we have a more stabile MSO
service. Of course volunteers are welcome.

> - In spite of the fact that my factory with LO3.4 and OOO3.4 is running
> (when I send a file for testing, it is correctly processed), most files
> of the available galleries are  not processed by LO3.4 and OOO3.4. (e.g.
> see
> http://www.officeshots.org/galleries/view/opendocument-fellowship-test-suite)
> Is it somehow possible to force the system to rerun all tests on a
> certain factory?

I am sure Sander Marechal can do this. I'll ask him.

Best,
Michiel