[Officeshots] Setting the flag for test suites

Michiel Leenaars michiel.ml at nlnet.nl
Sun Jun 6 21:51:19 CEST 2010

Hi Denis,

> I have a question with regard to participating in rendering the ODF test
> suites. Is there a way to notify officeshots.org that my factory cannot
> process a file? Aspose.Words.NET throws exceptions for some files from the
> test suites and because of that the factory does not invoke jobs.finish().
> I'm not sure what officeshots.org does in such case but it seems that it
> keeps putting these files in queue again. So this looks like infinite
> cycle.

This 'hammering' is an annoying issue that other factories have experienced as
well, and one of the main reasons for some of the factories to go down on a
regular basis even though they only have an issue with a very small amount of
documents. I expect the developers will have look at that and come back with a
proposal.

An ugly local fix would be to build a local blacklist by noted failures, and
isolate these files before going into your factory. That won't stop
Officeshots.org from sending the files, but at least they won't clog your
factory from running.

> Also I would like to ask you about encrypted files like
> http://www.officeshots.org/requests/view/4bc319d6-5da8-45b8-8800-4353a17155
> 7e. Since
> no password is provided the document can't be opened. What is the expected
> output for such files?

These files probably all come from one of the previous plugfest:

http://plugtest.opendocsociety.org/doku.php?id=scenarios:20090615:encryption

I guess that is something to add as well to the parameters that are given to the
workers together with the job subscription.

> Probably there are some documents about the ODF test suites. It would be
> great if you provide a link with details about the test suites.

The OpenDocument Fellowship Test suite originated from here;

http://develop.opendocumentfellowship.com/testsuite

We have been working towards cleaning up some small errors in the test suite,
(thanks to the wonderful people at lpOD/Itaapy) hence the revised testsuite. The
rest of the documents comes from the various plugfests, following the scenario's
that were created in The Hage, Orvieto and Granada. These can be found at
http://plugtest.opendocsociety.org, click on scenarios in the menu. The idea is
to have the description of all these scenario's added to officeshots.org as
well; we still need a volunteer for that ;)

Best,
Michiel Leenaars
Director of Strategy
NLnet foundation