[Officeshots] Public beta planned for October 9

Sander Marechal s.marechal at jejik.com
Wed Oct 7 12:22:13 CEST 2009

Hello all,

I have just finished making the last updates to the Officeshots server:
a brand new and spiffy design created by Nuno Pinheiro who is well known
for his contributions to KDE.

With these last changes, Officeshots is ready for public beta testing. I
plan to open the site for the public this Friday around 15:00h CET. From
then on anyone can register for an account on the website and upload
their documents.

A few scalability issues will probably crop up by then. Once they are
solved I want to open the website to anonymous submitters as well. One
of the things I still need to do before that time is install Monit and
M/Monit on the server and various virtual machines so that services like
the virus scanner, the queue and factories will automatically recover
from failure. The M/Monit team has graciously donated a M/Monit license
for this purpose.

With the new design also come a few new strings that need to be
translated. 18 new strings have been added and various near duplicate
strings have been merged. If you want to contribute translations then
please visit http://lang.officeshots.org. If you want to contribute a
completely new translation then please post on this mailinglist so I can
add the language to Pootle and to the language selector on the main server.

If you are (planning on) running factories then now is the time to
finish them and port them from the dev server to the live server.

Thank you all for your contributions and your patience :-)

Kind regards,

--
Sander Marechal
Lone Wolves Foundation