[Officeshots] SSL Alert

Sander Marechal s.marechal at jejik.com
Tue Apr 14 12:19:32 CEST 2009

Ha! By a sheer stroke of luck I managed to replicate the problem on
Debian Lenny. It turns out that Python doesn't like that the CACert root
certificate is in your key file. So, you should generate your pem file
from your p12 file with the following command:

encrypted pem:
openssl pkcs12 -in certificate.p12 -out certificate.pem -clcerts

unencrypted pem:
openssl pkcs12 -in certificate.p12 -out certificate.pem -clcerts -nodes

The added -clcerts option only puts your personal cerificate and key in
the pem file and leaves out the CACert one. I have tested both encrypted
as unencrypted pem files and they both work. When you use an encrypted
pem file, the factory will prompt you for the password after you start it.

--
Sander Marechal