[ODFPlugtest] Reminder: the 11th ODF plugfest in The Hague, Sept 15+16th 2015

Michiel Leenaars odfplugfest at nlnet.nl
Mon Sep 7 23:30:13 CEST 2015

Dear all,

just a reminder that you can still register for the 11th ODF Plugfest
which will be held at the Royal Library in the city of The
Hague next week. Our host this time is the Netherlands government,
through both Logius (the digital government service of the Netherlands
Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations) and Forum Standaardisatie.

We are delighted to see a strong uptake and support of OpenDocument
Format among governments recently - which brings valuable new resources
to the ODF community. Only today a comprehensive guide on ODF was
published by the UK government:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/open-document-format-odf-guidance-for-uk-government

And recently it was announced that it counterpart in the Netherlands
government is dedicating one of its most talented technologists - Jos
van den Oever - to co-chair the ODF TC.

We believe that such a constructive involvement of government as major
stakeholders is a very significant step for the future of ODF. This is
why we are happy to inform you that Mr. Van den Oever will be presenting
the traditional update on the current state of ODF during the 11th ODF
plugfest, in his first official appearance in his new role.

Other interesting speakers at the The Hague Plugfest include:

 - Fliss Bennée (Cabinet Office, UK)
 - Aditya Bhatt (Kolab Systems, CH)
 - Boris Devouge (Microsoft, UK)
 - Kazmer Koleszar (MultiRacio, HU),
 - Friedrich Kossebau (Calligra, DE)
 - Steven Luitjens (Director Logius, NL)
 - Dirk Moree (KING, NL)
 - Marijke Salters (Forum Standaardisatie, NL)
 - Svante Schubert (OASIS ODF Advanced Collaboration subcommittee, DE).
 - Barbara Sierman (Open Preservation Foundation/Royal Library, NL).
 - Andras Timar (Collabora, UK)
 - Graham Taylor (OpenForum Europe).
 - Nico Westpalm van Hoorn (Chair Forum Standaardisatie, NL)

You can participate in the entire plugfest, or just choose for either
the policy related and the more technical part. The technical
"plugtesting" part will be led once more by Dr. Steven Pemberton (CWI).

If you have not yet enrolled, please do so ASAP:

          http://odfplugfest.org/2015-thehague/register/

There is no fee required to participate. Your attendance is important to
us, if you have any questions just let us know.

We hope to see you in The Hague!

Regards,

on behalf of the local organisers
Steven Luitjens

on behalf of OpenDoc Society
Michiel Leenaars

P.S. Apologies if this mail reaches you multiple times.