[ODFPlugtest] MSO does not read LO files

Hanssens Bart Bart.Hanssens at fedict.be
Wed Jun 29 09:23:26 CEST 2011

Hi,

>Several people mentioned that, and I fail to see how it can have
>anything to do with a plugfest.

It is a good test to see what ODF 1.1 consumers do when opening an
ODF 1.2 document (not only MS-Office, but for instance also Google
Docs - don't know if GD supports 1.2 - or SoftMaker Office etc)

>This is not an issue of having applications agree on a certain
>interpretation of ODF. ODF1.2 as currently written unequivocably
>requires that attribute.

It is also a reminder for ODF producers to check if the files they
generate are actually valid ODF files (there are some fine validators
out there)

Even while it is clearly defined in the spec, it is still a good test because

a) we know that not all ODF 1.2 implementations follow this spec
b) it would be nice to know how various ODF 1.1 implementations
handle ODF 1.2 documents

Anyway, I've created a scenario for those who want to perform a test:

http://plugtest.opendocsociety.org/doku.php?id=scenarios:20110715:odf12

Best regards

Bart