[ODFPlugtest] Heads-Up: Correcting URIs for SHA256

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Sun Jul 31 09:45:48 CEST 2011

There are two sets of defects in the ODF 1.2 Committee Specification 01 where the incorrect URIs are specified for identifying the SHA256 digest algorithm.

I can't submit a bug anywhere because I don't think anyone is producing these yet.

Here are the JIRA issues:

<http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3702> for the incorrect values in table:protection-key-digest-algorithm and text:protection-key-digest-algorithm in ODF 1.2 Part 1.

<http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3708> for the incorrect values in manifest:start-key-generation-name in Part 3.

These are set to be fixed in an ODF 1.2 Errata 01.  I foresee no reason that they won't be corrected.

 - Dennis

It might be prudent, in any implementation of the corresponding attributes that handles SHA256, to accept both forms but only produce the correct one.  There can be some resiliency tests about these, but I need to upgrade document-forensic tools first.