[ODFPlugtest] program, october 14 and 15

Jos van den Oever jos.van.den.oever at kogmbh.com
Thu Jul 8 16:54:03 CEST 2010

On Thursday, July 08, 2010 04:34:06 pm robert_weir at us.ibm.com wrote:
> I would be interested in such a presentation.
>
> Also, I have some interest in seeing whether we can take what we learn
> from writing HTML-based editors, and turn that into a standard, maybe a
> subset of ODF called "ODF Web Profile" or maybe it would be called "HTML5
> ODF Profile"?

There are things that are hard to do in webpages, such as doing close text
wrapping around irregular objects, embedding ole objects and dividing the text
flow into separate pages. There could be a document describing what features
could be omitted, but that would take the challenge out of writing a web based
editor, now wouldnt it? ;-)

What would you like to see in such a standard?

Cheers,
Jos

--
Jos van den Oever, software architect