[ODFPlugtest] program, october 14 and 15

Jos van den Oever jos.van.den.oever at kogmbh.com
Thu Jul 8 10:17:42 CEST 2010

On Monday, July 05, 2010 02:49:49 pm Hanssens Bart wrote:
> program is shaping up :-) Perhaps one more presentation could be added
> (suggestions ? perhaps an in-depth analysis of the new odf 1.2 elements
> or proposals for ODF Next ?)
We are currently playing with an HTML5 implementation of ODF. This means we
are limited by what HTML5 or more realistically modern browsers allow. We also
support the XML serialization (contrast to the ZIP container).  In my opinion,
after ODF 1.2 we should converge towards more reuse of HTML standards.

I could give a presentation that relates about the similarities and differences
between ODF 1.2 and current HTML status and identify issues with the current
state and possible solutions.

Cheers,
Jos

PS our current code is here:
https://demo.webodf.org/demo/
with a rendering of the 1.2 standard (please open in a *fast* browser such as
chromium, chrome, rekonq, arora or safare. Firefox works but is slow on huge
files. Opera, Konqueror and IE are not currently supported.

https://demo.webodf.org/demo/odf.html#./kofficetests/specs/OpenDocument-v1.2-
part1-cd04.odt

--
Jos van den Oever, software architect