[ODFPlugtest] OfficeConvert

Michiel Leenaars michiel at nlnet.nl
Fri Apr 16 09:08:08 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I hope everyone brought copies of their latest product, or has it
available for download for the other participants. For Officeshots.org
we had a small application built to automate Microsoft Office 2007
(which Doug Mahugh brought last time, and of which I took two copies
along for those that did not attend last time) roundtripping and
rendering to PDF. It can have Microsoft Office transform between
different formats as well, which might come in handy with testing. The
idea is that we want to expose both the native support as well as any
plugins that run within Microsoft Office. We ran across some issues with
the integration of both the add in and the SUN Microsystems plugin
within Office. This will hopefully be fixed soon, so that we can have
all applications in Officeshots.org a.s.a.p.

It is available under a BSD license. The code (also for any future
updates) will be available in Officeshots.org SVN as well, on
http://code.officeshots.org. If you want to contribute builds for other
version of Office other than 2007, please do so.

Best,
Michiel

P.S. Here is the config details that one would use for putting up an
Officeshots.org factory for this.

[word2007]

application = Microsoft Office
version = 2007 SP2
doctype = odt
formats = pdf
backend = CLI
command = "c:\pathto\OfficeConvert.exe" --type=word --format=pdf
--output=c:\officeshots\ocresult %source_path
result = c:\officeshots\ocresult\%jobid.%dest_ext
default_format = pdf

[word2007-rt]

application = Microsoft Office
version = 2007 SP2
doctype = odt
formats = odf
backend = CLI
command = "c:\pathto\OfficeConvert.exe" --type=word --format=odt
--output=c:\officeshots\ocresult %source_path
result = c:\officeshots\ocresult\%jobid.%dest_ext
default_format = odt

[excel2007]

application = Microsoft Office
version = 2007 SP2
doctype = ods
formats = pdf
backend = CLI
command = "c:\pathto\OfficeConvert.exe" --type=excel --format=pdf
--output=c:\officeshots\ocresult %source_path
result = c:\officeshots\ocresult\%jobid.pdf
default_format = pdf

[excel2007-rt]

application = Microsoft Office
version = 2007 SP2
doctype = ods
formats = odf
backend = CLI
command = "c:\pathto\OfficeConvert.exe" --type=excel --format=ods
--output=c:\officeshots\ocresult %source_path
result = c:\officeshots\ocresult\%jobid.ods
default_format = odf

[powerpoint2007]

application = Microsoft Office
version = 2007 SP2
doctype = odp
formats = pdf
backend = CLI
command = "c:\pathto\OfficeConvert.exe" --type=powerpoint --format=pdf
--output=c:\officeshots\ocresult %source_path
result = c:\officeshots\ocresult\%jobid.pdf
default_format = pdf

[powerpoint2007-rt]

application = Microsoft Office
version = 2007 SP2
doctype = odp
formats = odf
backend = CLI
command = "c:\pathto\OfficeConvert.exe" --type=powerpoint --format=odp
--output=c:\officeshots\ocresult %source_path
result = c:\officeshots\ocresult\%jobid.odp
default_format = odf