[ODFPlugtest] change tracking

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Wed Nov 25 10:19:06 CET 2009

Greetings!

Hanssens Bart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first of all congrats to the KOffice team for releasing a new version :-)
>
> As I also mentioned on the OIC list, implementing change tracking seems to be
> a real challenge.
>
> So I'd like to know - especially from the KOffice, Dialogika and Microsoft teams -
> where the ODF spec isn't as clear as it should (in other words, when writing the
> code, when did you had to guess / look at existing ODF documents or OOo as
> a hint ?)

As the ODF editor let me second Bart's call!

I would dearly love to know where we haven't been as clear as necessary.

The problem areas that jump out at you as implementers on a first pass,
just aren't as obvious to those of us editing the text.

The ODF TC is about to release the first public review version of ODF
1.2 (all drafts are public, this one is just a particular step in the
OASIS process). Comments should be submitted via the public comment
list:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=office

Thanks!

Patrick