[ODFPlugtest] ODF plugfest in Brussels, July 2010 ?

Inge Wallin ingwa at kogmbh.com
Tue Nov 17 15:42:28 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 November 2009 14:44:23 Hanssens Bart wrote:
> Hi,
>

> as mentioned before, I'm working on organizing a plugfest in Brussels
>  during the Belgian EU presidency (July - December)
>
> Since the 2010 OOoCon will be in September (which will also have many
>  participants interested in ODF), I'd suggest we try to organize a
>  vendor-neutral ODF plugfest on July 1st / 2nd or on July 8th / 9th 2010.
>
> (or July 5 / 6, but I assume July 4th is a holiday in the USA ?)

Another alternative would be to hold it at the KDE Akademy
(http://akademy.kde.org).  We had an ODF there in 2006 in Dublin, and it fit
very well in the theme of the conference.  KDE is one of the big proponents of
ODF, and I'm sure the Akademy organizers would love to host it there.

I hereby offer to help out with the arrangements.

The problem with your dates is that if the plugfest is *not* held at Akademy,
not many representatives of KOffice will be able to turn up.

	-Inge